Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Rhett - Another Transfer in Obligado baby!!

Hey Guys!
Man this week was awesome!! One of the best weeks of my mission so far. This area is growing so much and we are seeing so many miracles it's amazing. This past Sunday we had the opportunity to watch a broadcast for the southern part of South America. In the conference they talked a lot about the role of members in missionary work and how if we are unified and working as a team the missionary work will increase so much more. It was a great opportunity for us this week to work with them and start getting a lot of references. They are now so pumped to work with us. This Saturday we are going to plan a mini MTC with them and help them get pumped up with different ways they can share the gospel.

The branch here in Obligado is starting to grow a ton. The last two weeks at church because of the rain we had about 15 people at church. We have been talking with the president about having the members visit less actives and working with the members to find people to teach. This week at church we had about 50 people come and 7 investigators came. I'm seriously so pumped about this next transfer here! Right now we meet at church on the 2nd floor in a little building. The goal is to increase the number of members here so that we can actually move into a chapel and hopefully into a ward! We're gonna make it happen!

There is so much to share about our investigators and this area, I wish I could just speak to you all and tell you haha cause I suck at writing now... especially in English haha. But to make it short, Obligado is growing, our investigators are progressing, and we are doing the Lord's work. I love this work. Just to end off, this week I starting reading a book called Our Heritage that talks about the formation of our church and what the early saints sacrificed so that they could restore God's church to the earth once again. They were hated, spit upon, tar and feathered, cast out, and even killed... but they kept true to the faith and knew that it was God's work. And now...because of them we have the opportunity to experience all the blessings that come from this great Gospel. If you haven't read it, I would challenge you to read it, it has strengthened my faith a ton. Anyways I'll just end off saying that I know this church is true. And I know that Jesus Christ is the founder of it. I love you all, Have a great weeeeekk!
Elder Reilly

Sorry I need to start taking more photos. Next week!

Food...


More food...

Haha I'm not a birdseed anymore Mike Steck!

No comments:

Post a Comment