Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Rhett - Lessons on lessons on lessons...

Hola Familia, amigos!

>Que tal chera! Detachori chera, este semana fue bueno! (As the Paraguayans would say...) Haha a little mixture of some Guarani and Spanish. I hope all of you are doing great, it's always awesome to hear from you guys. I am very grateful for your support!

This week was a great one to start off the new transfer. We had some cool things happen. One of them was that this week we had a mini MTC with the branch. My comp and I prepared some videos, parts from Preach My Gospel, games, and some other cool stuff to get the members excited to work with us and invite all their friends to come unto Christ. The sister missionaries are also back in our area now so they helped us out too. Unfortunately not a lot of people could come, but with the members that did come it went really great. We talked with them about what was keeping them from sharing with their friends and then did some practicing asking questions and stuff to invite their friends. They all seemed pretty pumped and excited to be missionaries! Yesterday one of the members actually called us after church and told us an experience she had. She told us about how she had talked with 3 families and started talking to them about the church and asked them if we could have a family home evening with them at their house. She said there are about 17 investigators that will be there and that Saturday we are going to go over and teach them. Haha it was insane, she and her family are seriously so awesome, they don't have fear to open their mouths and share the gospel. I'm super pumped for that on Saturday!

This week we had the opportunity to have some great lessons and meet some great new investigators also. We have just been inviting like crazy and trying to get all of our investigators to come to church and learn more about Christ. This week combined with the sisters we had 10 investigators come to church. It was amazing to see them come and see the friendships they made with some of the members here. Also, something else cool that happened was Rosaly and her little sister came too! The work here is going great, I'm excited to see what will happen this week.

> I'm honestly so happy right now to be here doing the Lord's work. It is hard at times, probably the hardest thing I have ever done but I think I am the happiest I have ever been. I am really just starting to see each person here as my brother or sister in God's family. We are all children of a Heavenly Father that loves us and we are all in this together fighting the same fight. I know that if we follow the Savior's example and try to be like Him we will be able to make it back to our Father in Heaven. Thats all for this week. Love you all have a great week!

Elder Reilly



No comments:

Post a Comment