Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Trent

Hola Familia y amigos! Les quiero mucho y espero que estén bien!

This week was actually a REALLY tough one, but I'm not letting it get me down. We had committed many investigators to come to church, but very few came and that was a little sad. I only desire the best for these people and I know that if they keep the commitments that we extend to them then they will be so blessed and so much happier so it's sad when they don't keep them!

This week a really cool miracle happened. We have been teaching a man named Jose Ventura and he has a really tough situation. He is separated from his family and he has been living in the street without a job for about 3 weks now. We talked to him early in the week and he commented to us that he no longer had the energy to keep fighting and that he no longer wanted to live. His last opportunity for a job had just fallen through and he was super bummed out. We were able to comfort him by sharing this scripture(it's not exact I don't have it memorized in English), "My son, peace be unto thy soul. Thy suffering and thy afflictions shall be but a small moment. And if thou endure it well, ye shall be exalted on high." The moment was just so powerful. He bagan to cry and so did I because I just felt the love that God had for him. We were able to give him hope and help him keep fighting. We were tools in God´s hands! How special. The next day, Jose began to talk with a less active member of our Church(he didn't know at the time) in front of a public bathroom and tell him his situation. That member gave Jose a place to stay for one year without charge. The next day Jose found a job! God blesses those who persevere! 

I have no more time but know that I love and miss you all. Keep persevering!

Elder Reilly

No comments:

Post a Comment