Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Rhett

Hola Familia!
I hope you all had a great week and a great thanksgiving. I hope you all kept the tradition and did the yearly turkey bowl. Unfortunately here nobody knows how to play football soooo it was a little tough. We did manage to play some volleyball though. Not gonna lie...I got some big spikes in over here...haha.

This week was a little crazy. We were pretty much all over the place. We were in Argentina until Thursday planning transfers with Pres and on Tuesday and Wednesday receiving new missionaries in the mission. That was a cool experience. Haha I remember my first day when I got off the plane and basically couldn't speak a word of Spanish, now I'm basically fluent. Talking to the new Americans in the mission was classic. They couldn't understand anything in Spanish, but it was cool to be able to be there to help them and tell them that everything will be ok and they will be able to speak fine real soon. It made me think a lot actually looking back about how the gift of tongues is real. I remember trying to learn Spanish in high school and it was one of my hardest subjects to learn. I was so bad, I could hardly ask to use the bathroom. But after coming here and doing the Lord's work, I was able to basically speak fluently in 5 months or soo. It just shows how much the Lord is there when we need it and when we are doing His work.

Something cool that happened yesterday... We were able to start a group in Maria Auxiliadora. We went there during the week, picked a place where the church could be, set things up, and yesterday we had the first sacrament meeting. There is a member living there that has seriously been begging to open up the church. When we told him we would be having church there this Sunday he was so happy it was amazing, and he seriously invited the whole city haha. On Sunday 9 investigators came for the first time and 18 people came in total. It's incredible to see the Lord's work growing. The Spirit was so strong. Me, my comp, and Elder Sweet were able to give talks and help them understand more about the church. The member family that was there also gave talks in Guaranee. That was also an awesome experience as they were able to testify of the church in the Paraguayan language. Awww maannn, when church ended there was such a good spirit there. The Church is true! We were also able to teach some lessons in our area this week and one of our investigators Sandra is really progressing. She gets super excited every time we come by to visit her, it is awesome. She came to church again this week and loved it! It is so great to see the happiness in her and the change taking place through following Jesus Christ. Sorry I wrote a ton, but I love this work. I know this church is true and that Jesus Christ is at the head of it. He leads it, this is His work. Thanks for all you do. Love you all, have a good week! #lighttheWorld













No comments:

Post a Comment