Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Rhett - The Church is True!!

Hola Familia!
Happy Easter! I hope you enjoyed getting goods from the Easter bunny...that doesn't exist here haha. But I hope it was a great week for all of you, to think a little more about the Savior and what he did for us. Wow... conference was awesome! I got to watch part of it in English too so that was coollll. Sustaining Russell M. Nelson as a prophet was probably the highlight for me. Such a powerful moment. It's so great to know that we really do have a living prophet today that leads and guides Christ's church on the Earth. 

Something that stood out to me in all of the talks was that every one of them reflected on the Savior's infinite love and service and how we should be loving our neighbors and serving one another as well. Love thy neighbor as thyself. We are all brothers and sisters in the same path to God. And it's something we are able to apply in every day of our lives! Every day we can love a little more and serve a little more. That is something I wished I would have done more before coming here on the mission. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve and love a little more and come to know the Savior so much more and of His love and sacrifice for every one of us. It brings so much peace and happiness. A double double at In n Out can't buy that!! I love the Savior and I know He reaches out to all of us to take off our burdens and allow us to come follow Him.

This week I was able to feel a little more about the power of the Savior's atonement as we talked to an investigator Karina who will be baptized tonight and then become a member of the church. As we were talking to her preparing her for her baptism she expressed to us how she has felt bad for a really long time about something that happened in the past and has always felt guilty. I was able to tell her how when we truly repent and follow Jesus Christ our sins are forgiven. He remembers our sins no more. Then we explained how when she is baptized she will be completely clean. How great is that! Tonight she will be made clean and have a fresh start and a new life happier life. That makes me so happy to see her making that decision! I loved the talk in general conference about second chances. Jesus Christ suffered for us and will give us as many second chances as we need to change and become perfected in Him. There is so much hope in that to me. Everyday we have the opportunity to change and become better and more like our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that when we do that, we live happier lives. I know this church is true and is led by a living prophet who recieves revelation from God for this time. Love you all, have a great week!
Elder Reilly



We helped build a house!

Making some good chipa for semana santa

Familia Guettierezzzz


No comments:

Post a Comment