Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Trent

Excerpts again...

Oh and yes people are CRAZY about the World cup here. Saturday morning Argentina played and there was literally not a single soul in the street. We heard when they scored and when Messi missed the penalty and everything because people just shout it haha. We keep up just with talking about it in the street. Were all in for Argentina! 

This week was honestly another tough one haha but thats ok! Transfers are next week and I think the whole mission is gonna just stay the same the next transfer so the new president doesn't have to deal with all of the changes. I will be really sad to see our President go! I love him! I'm gonna ask him to give me a blessing in our last interview this week and I'm going to ask him about Rhett coming here. He might just authorize it because he's already leaving haha. Yes,
my comp literally saw a house with red bricks and a white door and a big patio in his dream and that's the house we found! We have also been praying for a family of three and they are a family of three! Pretty awesome! We went back and helped him on Saturday but then he had to go and pick up his friend really far and it was an emergency so we just had to end and we didn't get to have a full lesson with him! Really frustrating but we'll try again next week!


Sebastian didn't come to church! He just stopped answering his phone and we went by his house and he didn't answer either! It's so sad! We are going to pass by and call him this week. He was one of our best investigators and he seems to have disappeared. BUT, this week we found a really awesome guy named Fabian and we taught him the Restoration and invited him to be baptized the 14th of next month and he accepted! It was such a powerful lesson and it was one of the few times we've actually entered in a house and taught in these 5 weeks! I was so grateful honestly haha! Hes a really good guy and his wife is a less active member we found out. Were gonna keep helping him read and pray and get baptized.


We have this family of Bolivians that we have been teaching and we got them to have a lesson with us in the church this week and we set up everything to pass by their house and walk with them to church on Sunday but then we passed by and one of the kids came out half asleep and said they were all sleeping! We told him to comb his hair and wake everyone up and come late but in the end they never came. After church we went to their house and were very direct with them and they committed to prepare themselves and come to the church with us next week. And they are gonna give us lunch during the week haha. 


So those are some of the frustrating things that happen on the mish haha. People disappearing and not waking up, but it's all good. We are just gonna keep working like crazy and asking for specific miracles and talking with everyone and being very bold with our investigators and we know that the success will come! My comp gave me a blessing a couple days ago and said that if I keep exercising faith with diligence, I will see miracles happen right before my eyes and I will be able to turn hearts hard as stone to smooth as running water. Pretty cool! I know that Lord has prepared people here for my companion and me. We're gonna do all we can to find them! LOVE YOU! Till next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment