Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Trent - 4 months left!

Hola Everyone!

Its been a long time since I've actually written a group email... sorry! Love you and miss you all.

We've been having a few challenges here in Roca with getting people out of bed and to church. We're trying to do everything we can to find the people who are really prepared to receive this amazing Gospel and commit themselves to change and follow Jesus Christ. Sometimes I just wish they could understand how AWESOME it is!! There's nothing that brings more joy and peace and happiness! It sounds too good to be true, but it's not. All those who come unto Jesus Christ and believe in Him, repent, get baptized by someone who has the authority of God, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end of their lives will be SO HAPPY! I know it without a doubt.

We're teaching a woman named Monica who is reading the Book of Mormon and is excited to receive the Gospel. She has a brother who is a member of the church here in Roca. She was going to come to church on Sunday but her grandpa passed away and they held the funeral right during church, "Justito, no?" We're gonna keep helping her though. As she reads the Book of Mormon and prays about it, I know she'll find the answers to the questions of her soul and she'll feel the powerful but still small voice of the Spirit testifying to her that it is true. 

That's pretty much it for the time that I have. I hope that all is well back at home. Thanks for the prayers and love and support:) Hasta la próxima semana!

Elder Reilly

(excerpt from family email)
I don't have very much time this week as usual! I had a cool experience that I'll share with you guys though. One morning when I was praying just after getting up I asked God, "What do you need me to do today?" "Is there any specific asignment that you need me to do?" It was something along those lines. Almost immediately, the face of a woman we have been trying to teach for a little while came into my mind. I told God that I would be sure to pass by her that day. What was happening with the woman is that she was scared to tell her husband that she wanted to listen to us because she thought that he wouldn't let her. So we had passed by a few times before and we could never actually enter into her house and teach her because she was always by herself. So anyways, we passed by that day after having the experience with the prayer and her husband was there just when we passed by(and he's rarely home)!!! We got to know him and he said he would love to listen to us! We taught them both later that week! A little miracle. We can ask God what He wants us to do and He will tell us! Love you and miss you! Till next week!

1 comment: