Monday, November 26, 2018

Rhett

Sorry I can only write one main letter today because we went to Iguazu Falls today and dont have much time to write. By the way the falls were awesome, one of the wonders of the world baby! But it’s been a good week. Yes, we had a Thanksgiving feast, and yes mom I pulled off the rolls haha! Everybody seemed to like them. But really I love this time of year because we really are able to think about the things we are thankful for. There is so much to be thankful for!! I’m especially grateful for all of you guys and for your love and support. I am so grateful to be able to serve the people here of Paraguay and Argentina! It’s gonna by so fast and I can’t believe I only have about 2 weeks left. It makes me sad to think I will be leaving these people here my brothers and sisters, but I know there is still a work for me to do in these last 2 weeks and I'm not gonna waste it!

To give an update on the people we have been visiting. Ariane got baptized on Friday, so that was awesome! Her grandparents are now assisting in church every week, and her mom came to church this week. Because of her, her family are now active in the church.That makes me happy to see. Romina is doing really well and loves the lessons. We talked to her this week and she told us how she just really feels good and feels it is an answer ro her prayers. We invited her to be baptized for the 8th and she accepted and seemed super ready for it! Yolanda is struggling a little bit with some family problems but tells us that the lessons really help and comfort her. Please pray for her. 

These last couple of weeks I read the book by the church "Our Legacy”. It talks about the restoration and how the early saints were able to establish the church. How they suffered their lives, were hated, spit upon, thrown out and even were brought to death because of it. After all of that they then had to walk about 2000 miles in freezing weather to move to safety and be able to start the church where it now is. It was so hard for them but they knew why they were doing it, that is was God’s work and He would help them through it. I think about the sacrifice that I've made to come here for two years and really it isn't much compared to them. It makes me so grateful to know that because of them the restored church is on the Earth and we don't have to sacrifice literally our lives to share it. How great is that, that we have the gospel in our lives and we can always put in our little sascrifice at least a little to share it. I know this is God’s work and am so grateful for it. Have a good week, love you guys!
Elder Reilly



No comments:

Post a Comment