Monday, January 8, 2018

Rhett

Hola Familia y Amigos!
Feliz Navidad! Y Feliz Ano Nuevo! Also, Happy Birthday Regan! Love you Regs, I hope you had a good one, thanks for being such a great sister all these years! I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year. That was awesome getting to talk to you guys on Christmas. I am so grateful to be a part of our family! Well to start off I'll just say that Christmas was great, I think it's so great becasue it gives us the opportunity to think a little more about Jesus Christ and try to be more like Him as the year finishes. I hope to try and keep this same spirit with me throughout the whole year. I like to think that we can light the world and be doing things Christ would do all year around, not just one month or a day. So let's make it a good one! 

But this week was a good one. Christmas was great, we went to a member's house and ate a huge meal and then after played some football. Haha I brought my football and taught them how to play 3 flags up. Haha everyone that passed by looked at us all crazy, like what are these kids doing playing with a ball that looks like a giant egg. And then after I threw it.. haha I'm pretty sure they could tell I was from America. Something cool with lunch. The family taught me how to hunt down and kill a chicken and then eat it. Haha that was pretty interesting. So if any of you want to eat some pollo in a year just give me a call. Haha later that day at night we went around with the sister missionaries to hospitals and a cemetary and sang Christmas songs to the sick. That was a super cool experience as well. I played the Ukulele which was pretty sweet. And after that the week went really well. I think it was the first one where we actually got to work in our area basically the whole week. We worked super hard and saw some big things happen. We have been working a lot lately in Trinidad which recently started the church. We have been finding some awesome investigators. There is a member family that loves missionary work and me and my comp do divisions with the dad and the son so we have been finding and teaching a bunch with them. The work is growing so much here it's awesome. There have been so many miracles in finding and so many people that are so ready for the gospel in their lives. I can feel the Lord's hand in the work so much. We are able to just be led in the right moment, in the right place, to visit people just when they need it. I feel like we see that on a daily basis. We have been able to find a lot of families that want to get married and come closer to God. It has been great seeing the change in these peoples lives and helping them accomplish that and live closer to Christ.

I want to end off sharing a Scripture in Romans. It's Romans 8:35-39. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that with His help life will all be good. It doesn't matter what comes our way, or what problem we face, if we have the faith and are firm in Christ and our Heavenly Father, nothing can tear apart our road to salvation. I love this work and the gospel, I know it is true and that Jesus Christ lives. I can feel His hand in this work. Lets make this year a good one and Light the World! Love you guys
Elder Reilly



No comments:

Post a Comment