Monday, January 15, 2018

Rhett

Hola Familia!
I hope you all had a great week, and a good start to the New Year. It's been a good start over here. I just want to start off this letter by saying Terevy`aiteke Ra'y!! Happy Birthday to the best Dad in the World! Thanks for all you have done for the family and for me personally, and for always showing us how it's done. I hope I can be a father like you one day. Love you Dad! 

This week was a good one. One of our investigators Sandra is progressing a ton. She has been wanting to get married and baptized ever since we first taught her but has had to wait some time to work things out. We have been teaching her and she loves it and has been coming to church. She now has a baptismal date for the 3rd of February to get married and then baptized the same day. She is so awesome, It has been so great to teach her! Every time we come by she literally jumps up and runs in her house to pull out some chairs so that we can sit down and share. I have been able to see the change and the light take place in her that the gospel has brought. I feel like that is one of the greatest things about being a missionary. Being able to visit people and see the change that Christ makes in their lives, and the joy that comes with it. 

We had transfers this week. There were a lot of changes that were made. The mission with 4 APs wasn't working too well with us being here in Paraguay and the communication and with us having to travel a lot we wasted a lot of time, so President decided that were gonna go back to 2 APs now in Argentina. So we're in an area near Obligado called Capitan Mirando. I will be Zone Leader there with my new comp Elder Prina from Temecula, California! It's gonna be sweet haha. Pretty crazy that he's from Temecula right by VC. I never knew him before the mission, but he's a cool dude and has a love for the people and work! I'm so pumped. It will be my first American comp and he is like 7 feet tall. Haha everyone is gonna be asking us what are we doing here in Paraguay, and we are gonna be able to tell them that we have the best message in the world that will literally change your life! Something cool about it too is that when I was talking to President about Obligado he said that since it's super close, we can go wherever there are baptisms. There are gonna be only sisters there so we are going to basically have 2 areas and will be able to work with our investigators progressing in Obligado and also work in Capitan Mirando. It's gonna be a great transfer!

I just want to end off with my testimony that I know Christ lives and is our Savior. I know that He knows how we feel when we are in pain because He also suffered it. I know that His church has been restored to the Earth. A church that is guided by a prophet of God. I know that God loves us and He has restored Christ's church to bless us and help us return to live with Him once again. I know that the gospel brings us together and allows us to have joy. Love you all, Jajetupata!

Elder Reilly


No comments:

Post a Comment