Monday, February 26, 2018

Rhett

Hola Familia y amigos,
I hope it's going good over there. Mannn this week was a little crazy not gonna lie. It was transfers so we had to help out a lot with that. Something cool that happened, there are now 4 missionaries in Obligado and two elders that are now in Trinidad. Pretty awesome. I feel the work will have a lot of success over there now that there can be missionaries there full time. Me and my comp can now just focus on Capitan Miranda now which is good. We now will be able to have a lot more time and be able to visit the people here a lot more and help them progress.

The family home evenings have been going great. We are basically like family now with Familia Guetterez. They love when we come and always ask us when we can come back. Yesterday we had a family home evening with a recent convert and his family. His whole family are members except for his 14 year old son Fransisco who basically hasn't wanted anything to do with the missionaries or the church. When we got there, he wouldn't come outside so me and my comp went in and basically dragged him out and told him we were gonna play a game super capo. So we shared the story in 3rd Nephi 4 about how Heavenly Father protected the Nephites who were small against an army way bigger than them and how they were able to overtake them. Afterwards we played a game and the whole family just all had a great time together. Fransisco liked it so much he even went over to the neighbors house with us and his dad to go teach them the gospel! Pretty awesome!

I'll just end off by sharing 3rd Nephi 4. I know we all have battles in life we have to overcome. Sometimes it seems like something hugeee like a big army of blood covered, skin headed gadianton robbers. But if we turn to the Lord for help and have confidence in him, he will make us strong and help us overcome them. I love the opportunity I have to share this great message. Love you all!
Elder Reilly


So theres a pretty funny story with this picture. We went back home this night in a bus like always and I have gotten pretty good at jumping on and off. Well that night I decided to test my skills and jump off when the clectivo was still moving a bit. I jumped off and didnt realize it rained there earlier in the day and the ground was all muddy and slippery. So yeahh I pretty much face planted straight into the mudd. Haha my arms cut up pretty bad too. I also just had given cards to go to the church website to people on the bus before I jumped out and Im pretty sure they all saw me faceplant... Hahah that was a fun one.. We had a lesson right after with my pants like thaT. hAHA great way to end off the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment