Monday, February 5, 2018

Trent - Hicimos Empanadas Papá

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I haven't written in a while! They don't give us very much time:) This week was AWESOME! I had some really cool experiences.

We have two baptisms coming up soon. This Saturday, Martin will be baptized. He had listened to missionaries before when he lived in Choele Choel. The first missionaries that taught him were Elder Clayton (Bannon's friend) and Elder Lopez. Now he lives here in Confluencia and he's
ready to be baptized. He always fufills the committments we give him so he progressed really fast and came to know that all that we taught was true. He's a beast. 

The next Saturday we will baptize an old man named José. We found him last week. He's 74 and he lives by himself in a house a little smaller than my room at home. He has an infirmity, basically he can't use his arms. So he pretty much can't do anything. He can't clean his house, or himself, or anything, so his house was SUPER dirty. No one had come to help him for more than a few months so just imagine. We felt so much compassion for this man and we just started cleaning his entire house. Believe me, it was disgusting. Tori, you wouldn't have entered. We cleaned everything for about an hour and a half until it looked brand new. Then we went and brought some stuff from the apartment to clean up José. We cut his nails which were about an inch long literally, we cut his hair and his foot long beard and then I bathed him. He was very dirty. And no one else would do it haha so I did. I felt like I was bathing my Savior. I couldn't help but get emotional as I bathed this poor old man. When you serve others you serve God. Fue una experiencia muy linda. I very thankful to be on the mission. I love my God and I love serving these people! 

Love you and miss you all! I'll let you know if I bathe any more dirty old dudes! Ciao!!










No comments:

Post a Comment