Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Rhett - 3.6.17

Hola Familia,
This week was a good week for finding and teaching. We had a lot of good lessons and many people that are progressing. I feel like my spanish is improving a lot and I am starting to understand more of what people are saying. Usually its just a few words here and there and then just trying to put the puzzles together and figure out what they are saying. During the lessons I feel like I am able to participate and help my companion out a lot more. It is an awesome feeling to be able testify and tell people that we have a message that can bless their lives. One thing that was kinda sad this week was that only one of our investigators came to church. But it all starts with one! I was feeling a little discouraged during sacrament meeting when we had no investigators that attended. Then all of the sudden about half way through, one of our investigators named Victor just walked in and sat next to us. It was awesome to see him there. He is about 65 or 70 years old and is really intelligent and asks a lot of really great questions. He actually looks a lot and sounds a lot like a South American version of Papa(Hal Jensen). Haha he is awesome. He also came to second hour of church but had to leave third our to go to a birthday. He told us that he wanted to come to all three hours next week. He is an awesome guy!

Someone else we taught this week. Her name is Laura. We taught her once by herself and another time with her husband. When we taught her the first time she told us thst usually when missionaries walk by or when people come by to preach to her she usually just tells them that she is busy or that she can't listen at the moment. After that my companion asked her why she let us into her house to teach her. She said she didn't know, she just felt like she needed to let us in. I know that this was a blessing from the Lord to soften her heart so that she could hear our message. I think it was a blessing that we found them.

This is pretty much it for this week. Thanks for all of your love and support. Everything is going great over here. I love this work and the people as well. How great it is to share this gospel with the people here in Paraguay. I can see the joy it brings to people's lives already from being here 4 weeks. Have a great week!
Elder Reilly





No comments:

Post a Comment