Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Rhett - 5.1.17

Hola Fam!
This past week was another good one! These past six weeks have seriously gone by so fast. I cant believe ive been out here for 12 weeks and am finished with my training! My spanish has gotten so much better and I feel like I can pretty much just think and say whatever I want to say in the lessons, its awesome. I can see the Lords hand in helping me learn and during the lessons when we are teaching.

Some exciting news for this week... Dalma, one of the daughters one the Espenola family was baptized on Saturday! My companion Elder Viveros had the opportunity to baptize her and I had the opportunity to confirm her a member of the church. Man the baptism was seriously so awesome though! Her mom got up and bore her testimony with tears in her eyes and said how proud she was of her daugher and that she will follow her and be baptized and go to the temple. I am so grateful for this work. Its the experiences like this that make this work so great. Im not gonna lie, the mission is hard, and sometimes its crazy to think that im all the way here in Paraguay right now, but I wouldn´t trade it for the world. The joy I feel from helping bring one soul unto Christ is indescribable. The baptism of Dalma just makes me want to work harder so that I kind bring more people unto the joy that the gospel brings!

Some other news for this week, some pretty sad news.. I found out yesterday that me and Elder Viveros are both getting transferred to different areas for this exchange. Im gonna be going to another city in Cuidad Del Este called Rama 3. Its gonna be another white wash too haha. I was kinda bummed at this at first because I love this area and the people here and we have seriously found so many people here that are interested in the gospel and are really starting to progress. But I feel good to know that I have planted many seeds in the people here, and there will be much work here for the next missionaries to come. My new area is actually really close though so i think I will be able to come back for the baotisms of the rest of the Espenola family! I am excited about that. Its gonna be hard my new area, cause we have a white wash, so basically we have to start all over and just find new people to teach. But I am super pumped and ready to just talk to everyone and share this gospel with everyone! I love barrio 4 and the people here but I know that the Lord has his plan for me and that there are people waiting in Rama 3 for me to teach!

I just want to end this letter off by saying how much I love this work and this gospel. I know the same church that Christ established when he was on the earth is on the earth today. And that church was restored to the earth in the Latter Days though the prophet Joseph Smith. I want to challenge all of you to gain a testimony for yourself. Read the Book of Mormon and ask God if it is true. You can recieve an answer and know for yourself. I know if you do this, you will come closer to Christ,.. and "Oh how great shall be your Joy." I love you all, have a great week!

Elder Reilly​


Saying Goodbye to Elder Cabrera for the last time. He is done with his mission.




Baptism of Dalma







A uper cool waterfall close to my area​


No comments:

Post a Comment