Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Rhett - Happy Fathers Day

Hola Fam,
First off I just want to give a shout out to the best dad and in the world. Happy Father's day Dad! "You don't miss me!" hahah. Thanks for all you do for our family and especially for me. I wouldn't be where I am at today without you! This week was a little crazy because of the transfers and all but a great week. My new comp didn't get here until Wednesday night so I had to stay with one of of our zone leaders for a day while his companion left and then another zone leader in another area while he was also waiting for his companion. It was a crazy couple of days but my companion Elder Madrid is here now and we are back in our area again. He is from El Salvador and has been on his mission for 9 months. He has been in Argentina his whole mission so this is his first time in Paraguay. Haha he's been having a little bit of a difficult time adjusting to the culture here in Paraguay but it's been good. He's a little different haha, we definitely have different personalities but this first week together was a good one. 

We worked really hard this week and our investigators are progressing, it's great to see. One thing our zone is focusing on this transfer is finding families. My comp and I starting praying that we could find some more families, and its crazy to see how the Lord really does answer prayers. We had the opportunity to find about 3 families that I feel were answers to those prayers.

There are just so many experiences out here every day that I can see the Lord's hand in the work. I have felt in the past couple of weeks my love for the people in Paraguay grow so much stronger. Getting to know the people here more and more every week just makes me want to do everything I can to bring them this message and help them enter the waters of baptism. My confidence and trust in Heavenly Father that this is His work has grown so much. I wanted to end off with a scripture, John 8:12. We live in a world so far away from God and his teachings and sometimes it's hard and it feels like we are living in darkness. Jesus Christ is our LIGHT. I know that through him, our life's will be brightened. Love you guys!
Elder Reilly



-A big ship that I found on PDAY...


 "Tres Fronteras" - Brazil is on the left, Argentina is on the right, and were standing in Paraguay

No comments:

Post a Comment