Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Rhett - Esperando en Rama 3!

Whats up Familia,
So this week was a little interesting. A lot has happened haha. On Monday night at about 10:30 at night, me and some other Elders took a 5 hour road trip to Asuncion. We had to go up there to fill out some paper work so that we can stay in Paraguay and extend our visas. Since our visas our extended now, I think that means that I will be staying in Paraguay for most of my mission, which I'm not complaining about, because I love Paraguay. Asuncion was a super cool experience though. We had the opportunity to go to the temple up there and everything was in Spanish. I thought I would never be able to go to the temple during my mission, so that was an awesome experience and super fun with some of the other Elders. We also got to stay in kind of a hotel that the church has across the street from the temple, which was super nice. Not gonna lie, but it was really nice getting to sleep in a nice and comfortable bed haha. 

Something else that happened this week, transfers are happening this week, and my companion Elder Coelle finished his mission. Dang I'm gonna miss that guy.. Elder Coelle was truly the homie, but I know he's gonna to big things back in Ecuador! I also found out this week that I will be staying in my area for another transfer...Lettsss Goooooo...I'm super pumped about that. There is a lot of work here in Rama 3 and I feel very blessed to be here for another 6 weeks. My companion still isn't here right now because he is coming from Argentina. Right now I'm staying with one of our zone leaders, Elder Smuin, whose companion also finished his mission. My new companion should be here on Wednesday. His name is Elder Madrid from Guatemala.

So this week has been pretty busy and I really only got to work in my area for 2 days. Yesterday Elder Smuin and I were working in my area and we had a sweet experience. We taught some of our investigators pretty far from our pension and were starting to walk back towards our apartment cause it was pretty late. We decided to walk back a different way than normal for some reason, and while we were walking I saw this house will the door open. I told Elder Smuin that we should contact it, so we did. A lady came out and told us to come in. When we came in we realized that there were like five other woman in there with their kids. We started talking to them and they explained to us that they were all sisters or cousins and that usually they were not all together, but it just so happened to be that they were all meeting together that night to pray and talk for one of their cousins that is super sick and has suffered a lot lately this past year. They told us about how it was really sad and they just wanted whatever happened to their cousin to be the will of the Lord. We starting explaining to them the Plan of Salvation and how we believe that God really does have a plan for each and every one of us. Man it was a great experience. There are so many experiences every week here on the mission that just help me know that I am here in this area for a reason. I know that I was sent here to Paraguay for a reason and that there are so many people here that need this gospel in their lives. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share it. I know we are God's children and that he loves us. 

Sorry this is so long... But it was a good week! I hope all is well. Love you guys! Elder Reilly






1 comment:

  1. It provides comprehensive knowledge of the subject. Everything written in this blog is close to satisfactory level. I am sure no one can raise any issue about all the information delivered here.คอนโดย่านพระราม3

    ReplyDelete