Thursday, July 20, 2017

Rhett

Hey friends and fam,
It was good to from you all this week! I'm glad your all doing well. Sorry I wasn't able to send a letter last week due to the president coming to Cuidad Del Este and having interviews with him. But mom don't worry I am still alive! Haha just couldn't write for one week that's all!

Well, this week was a good one, and my companion and I were able to see some fruits of our work. We have been working really hard this week teaching, contacting, trying to have lessons with members, and just overall working so that this Sunday we could have people show up at church! Me and my companion have really just been thinking, praying and pondering, how can we get these people to come to church! This week I was reading in 2 Nephi 33:3, "But I Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry."

This scripture really changed my perspective on missionary work and about the love Nephi really had for these people and for their salvation. I have been able to feel a love for these people more and more as I have forgotten myself and just gone out to work for them. It really motivated me this week. This Saturday we were really praying that a two of our progressing investigators would come to church this week. One of them is Dani who has a baptismal date for next Saturday. The whole week we couldn't visit with him because of all the work and school he had to do, but if he wanted to get baptized the following week he needed to come church. We couldn't even call him on the phone this week because his phone didn't work. But my companion and I had the faith and prayed that he would be there. Sunday morning my companion and I got ready for church and started walking to church early so that we could ask a member to help us bring some investigators to church with them. On the way to church about half way there... here comes Dani walking to church all by himself. We met him halfway and walked with him the rest of the way. At church we were able to talk to him and see how his week went and see if he really was committed to being baptized the following Saturday. He said yes and explained to us how he really has been seeking for the truth and wants to be baptized on Saturday. Ahhh this was an awesome experience. I know Heavenly Father was listening to our prayers. It's experiences like this that make the mission so special. I am just so happy for Dani and his decision to follow Christ. I know that Heavenly Father really does listen to our prayers. And if we are patient, the answers will always come. I love this work!
Elder Reilly

The service project we did for an investigator cutting down banana trees with machetes and the Fourth of July party









No comments:

Post a Comment