Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Rhett - Transfers

Hola Familia,
This week was a great one. Elder Madrid and I worked hard and were able to help a few of our investigators progress and find some other investigators that seem to have a lot of interest in the gospel. Also, this week Dani was able to get baptized. It was truly great to see his desire to follow the Savior and enter into the waters of baptism. Another cool thing with him, is this week we were talking with him preparing him for his baptism, and he started asking us about a mission and what you need to do to go a mission. He told us that he has always wanted to serve the Lord in some way in his life, and after finding about the church he wants to serve a mission! That was awesome to hear. I am so pumped for him.

Something else that happened this week, is transfers. I found out that I will be leaving Cuidad Del Este and going to an area called Obligado in Encarnacion. I also have been called to train and be the district leader in Obligado. So Tuesday night I will be taking a long 10 hour bus ride or so, crossing the border into Argentina, picking up my new companion and then crossing the border again into Paraguay and heading to Encarnacion. Haha that's gonna be a fun one. It's gonna be crazy cause basically we will just be traveling for a whole day. I'm honestly a little nervous about training and all, but also super excited. I remember when I first got to the field and didn't know anything and my trainer was able to help me out. It'll be awesome to fire up my comp and get him excited about the work! I know it will be challenging but I know that Lord has called me to the work so everything will be ok.

On a last note, I want to share something about two of our investigators here in Rama 3. Maria who I talked about in my last letter and her "husband" Antonio. They have a long story with them but basically a long time ago they were living together, had a kid together, but then separated for a time. Now they are getting back together and Antonio comes to visit Maria every night but they live in separate houses. We found Maria one day looking for another investigator at her house and eventually started meeting with Antonio too. But a cool story with them is that we have been teaching them and they have expressed to us about problems they have had in the past, one of which is smoking and how they want to quit but never can quite do it. We shared with them about the Word of Wisdom and how God wants our bodies to be clean and that through the help of Jesus Christ we can overcome any of our weaknesses. They shared with us about how they know it's bad for them and that they will try to stop. I was able to share one of my favorite scriptures with them Ether 12:27. When we turn to the Lord for help and humble ourselves before Him, we can make our weak things become strong! I know that this is true, Jesus Christ is always calling us in to HIm. I know He lives. I hope you all had a great week, I want to thank you all for the support and love. It means a lot. Love you guys!
Elder Reilly




No comments:

Post a Comment