Thursday, July 6, 2017

Trent - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Hola Everyone!

First off, I would like to say Happy Birthday to the best mother in the world. Honestly, if I didnt have Tori as my mother I probably wouldn't be out here. Thank you so much mom for always loving and serving me and teaching me responsibility. And thanks for packing my bags for me 6 months ago haha! I love you and miss you!

Also Happy Late Birthday Sid! Thank you for the great example for what a great missionary should be. I try every day to work my butt off and whenever I'm tired I just picture in my mind you riding your bike in Indonesia leaning over and throwing up without even stopping. I got it easy! Love you and miss you too. 

This week was pretty interesting. We had to go to Neuquen because my comp had to do tramites. That's a 12 hour bus ride there and 12 hours right back haha. But the funny thing is that in the buses there's always movies playing and our mission president says we can watch them because they're playing out loud in front of your face haha. But one of the movies that came on was Mulan! Never thought I'd watch that movie in Argentina on the mission. It was classic. 

When we returned, we felt impressed to immediately visit one of our investigators Alejandro. He has a really bad addiction to alcohol and cigarettes. We went to his house and he was surprisingly sober and he just had a completely different look about him. He finally realized how big his problem was and that he needed to change. He truly had a broken heart and a contrite spirit. You could see the humility in his eyes. So we had a great lesson with him. We testified of the Atonement of Christ and how it has the power to change him. It was so special to be able to see a spark of hope in his eyes. Finally he wasn't under the influence of alcohol or tobacco and he could feel the Spirit clearly and strongly. We invited him to be baptized and he accepted. We shared 1 Nephi 3:7 with him and told him that the Lord will provide a way for him to be able to overcome his addiction and follow the commandments. It was just an awesome experience. I can just picture this man completely changed and healed by the Atonement rising up and becoming a leader in the church. I can already see him in his suit and tie bearing his testimony of the healing power of Christ. Man, things like that are the reason I'm out here. If I can labor every single day and only be able to help one man like this change and become better, then every single day of work was worth it. I know the Atonement of Christ is real. In it there is power to change if we are humble and give everything we have to Christ. I know it because it has changed me.

I love you and miss you all and I hope all is well. Thank you for the love and prayers. Till next week.

Elder Reilly






No comments:

Post a Comment