Thursday, July 20, 2017

Trent

*Trent didn't send a main email this week! Sounds like a bit of a rough week...but here parts of his mom's and dad's emails!

Mom! I love you and miss you so much. I think I actually miss the old nagging haha and the three calls every day when I was at BYU. Haha mom I really appreciate everything you did for me back home. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize how awesome of a mom you really are. I'm gonna give you the biggest hug when I get back! Love you! Everything is going great. My new comp is having a really hard time. He struggles with depression and he has been suffering a ton this week. I tried to do everything I could to help him and to get him to see his potential and serve him, but he said that he needs to go home. So he is gonna go home this week and I'll get another companion. Yes he's American and he can't speak spanish at all haha so I had to do everything this week. But we worked hard and we found like 10 new investigators this week. I love it here mom and it is very hard, the hardest thing I've ever done, but it is so fulfilling and great to be able to forget myself and help others come unto Christ. Love you mom! Till next week!

Dad's letter is similar but here's an excerpt..."We're outside and it's seriously freezing. Like you don't know this cold Dad...haha it's crazy! So it was hard to really hard to have excitement this week, but I'm glad I got this opportunity to work with Elder Lee. He taught me even more about the importance of the Spirit. Man when he just opens his mouth and testifies the Spirit just comes even though what he's saying has a ton of errors and stuff. It was awesome. I just gotta keep exercising my faith and listening and depending on the Spirit I will never stop working. I'll never get complacent."

No comments:

Post a Comment