Monday, October 30, 2017

Rhett

Family and Friends,
I hope you all had a great week. You have all had an impact on my life and I am very grateful for that. I want you all to know that Heavenly Father knows you, loves you, and is always there to help you when you need it. I have been able to see that so many times from being here on the mission, I know it's true. 

With that, this week a good one. It was a really busy week with lots of things to do. One thing that I have been focusing on this week is on our "potential" as missionaries or just in general as people. There are so many things that happen in life that make us feel bad about ourselves or make us put limits on all the potential we have to achieve. I have been able to see that as a missionary this week. When we put our effort forth and do all we can do, the Lord blesses us and helps us achieve the goals we have. This week Elder Barrios and I had some great opportunities to help people see that we really have the potential to live a great life and receive all the blessings that God has in store for us as His children and one day live with Him with our families one day.

One experience we had was with one of our investigators Hermana Rojas. She is about 28 years old and lives with her boyfriend and her almost 4 year old son. We have taught her 3 times, and this week had the oportunity to teach her boyfriend as well. As we were talking to him, we found out that he has had a really tough life and always felt alone growing up. One day he prayed and asked God to bless him with a family and now he has his "wife" or girlfriend and a kid. He told us about how he knows that God listened to him and has blessed him with his family. But he also has told us about how he knows there is something more and how he wants to make changes in his life. We had a lesson with them and told them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how it helps us make changes, become better people, and have an eternal family with God. They seriously loved it so much, it was awesome. We were able to set a baptisimal date for the 25th of November. It makes me so happy to know that we have a Heavenly Father that loves and wants us to come back to Him. If we follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ we will be able to reach our eternal potential, and have a happy life here on Earth and in the life to come. I love this gospel and know that it is true. I want to invite you all this week to really go out and try to reach your greatest potential. There are no limits."Die on E" baby -Eric Thomas. haha, I love you all, have a great week!
Elder Reilly

The whole mission got hooked up with some wooden placks! I feel like im in woodshop again haha...


It rained a ton this week...




No comments:

Post a Comment