Sunday, February 5, 2017

Rhett - We Out

Whats up,
This week has been good. First off I just want to give a shout out to my dad, Regan, and Dan for the In n Out burgers. And to everyone else that send all the food. Thanks. You guys are awesome. My district is loving it haha. My district and I are pretty much just waiting to leave to Argentina now. Im so excited to get out to the field and serve. Monday couldn't come sooner. Today we are starting to clean our room so that we are ready to go by Monday. A little room with 6 Elders, is no bueno. We pretty much have crap everywhere haha. That should be interesting to clean up.

Something that was cool this week. Every Wednesday new missionaries come into the MTC, and for their first day they have a bunch of things they do.​​ One of the things they do is they get into a big group of new missionaries and go into a room to help teach an investigator. To start off the lesson, two Elders who have been in the MTC for awhile come in and get to know the investigator to help get the lesson going. Elder Thompson and Elder Moore got picked to be the two Elders to start off the lesson. Elder Moore was sick though, so I got to take his place. The first investigator we helped teach was Braulio. We got to talk to him before the whole meeting started. He said he was from Peru and is gonna try and study at BYU. He is living with a Mormon family in Park City, but is not mormon. It was super cool to talk to him about Argentina and about his life. He gave me his email after and told me he wanted to send me a bunch of cool scriptures to help teach people. It was super cool cause he's not even a member but still was willing to help me out with my mission. Maybe Elder Moore got sick for a reason so that I could meet Braulio. I thought that was pretty cool.

Yesterday we had our In-Field orientation, which is a meeting that all the missionaries that are leaving have to go to. Its pretty much all day. During the meeting we switched classes a bunch of times and learned about different ways we can talk to people about the Gospel and about how we can share the Gospel with everyone. The meeting was pretty inspirational and really made me think about my purpose as a missionary. As missionaries we do what we do to share the gospel that we have been blessed with to everyone around us. What a great opportunity I have to share this Gospel with the people of Argentina.

That is pretty much all for this week. There will be a lot more to come for next week. Just to end off I wanted to share something from the Book of Mormon. In Mosiah 24. This chapter talks about how the Lord took the burdens off of Alma when he put his trust in the Lord. This can apply to us all. When we turn ourselves over to Christ and put our trust in Him, he will ease our burdens. If any of you are struggling with something, don't ever feel like you are alone because Christ is there. He is there to ease your burdens for you. If we trust in the Lord and prayer for help, Jesus Christ will be there to help us. I know that this is true. I hope you all have a great week! Love you all!
-Elder Reilly


At the temple

Us soaking in the In N Out burgurs


Saying goodbye to Hermana Dibb, she got married this week.

Elder Bues's ankle after playing volleyball

Study time with Gramps​


No comments:

Post a Comment